Here we have weapons/medals/items codes. I have NO IDEA why these guides aren't out in a more public area than a hidden "faq" section of a website dedicated to general video game hacking.
Have Weapon/Item codes
If you wanted a code that gave you a weapon or an item, you would first take one readout without having the weapon/item, then a second with it. When you compare, choose "greater than". The first quantifier SHOULD be "0000" and the second "0001". If not, the second could be "0002/0004/0008/0010/0020/0040/0080/0100/0200/0400/0800/1000/2000/4000/8000". The reason it would have so many is the game uses the switches(described earlier). Only the switches are represented in hex. You need a little luck when hacking a code like this.
Activate In-Game cheats
For a code like "Activate In-Game Cheats", you will take one readout without the cheat active, and the second with the cheat active. The quantifiers should read, "0000" & "0001". Good Luck
Character Modifiers- (submitted by Gold64007)
- Select a character, start the game.
- Push the freeze button and start an Unknown Value search.
- Change to a different character, start the game.
- Now do a "Different to" search.
- Change some other aspects of the game (other than your character) (example, health, place you are in, depending on what kind of game it is).
- Now search for "equal to".
- Repeat steps 3 through 6 until you get a manageable amount of results (20 or less).
- After you have a manageable amount of results, get into the view valid cheats screen. Now activate the codes one at a time until you find the character modifier.
- Now in the view valid cheats screen highlight the Character Modifier code on the right side of the screen and push the Right C button to edit the value of the code put in "00" which is probably the first value that will work (though it could be higher).
- See which character "00" corresponds with, write it down.
- Now change the value to "01," see which character you have.
- Repeat step 10, adding 01 each time until there is no effect.
Hacking P2 Controls CPU Codes (by HyperHacker)
This only works for a game where P2 can normally play and in 1 Player mode the CPU takes control of them.
- Start up a game with Player 2 playing, search for 1.
- Go to the same level in 1 player mode, search for 0.
- Keep doing this until you find a few, set to 1 and the computer should stop (or not do anything in the next round). Set to 0 and in 2 player the computer should take over.
If that doesn't do it, switch the 1 and 0, and if it still doesn't work just do Equal/Different searches. some games like to use funny numbering/flags. (ahem, Mario Kart)